Suggested timing: 40 minutes
15 min: View this video as a group, then complete the Color Line exercise (PDF, 61.8 KB) individually. Ask participants the following:
- What part of this activity was difficult for you and why?
- Have you considered these questions before?
- Many people react to this list by feeling guilty or shameful. Where do those feelings come from? How can we move beyond guilt/shame to responsibility and accountability?
25 min: In breakouts, discuss the prompts in the course:
- When was the last time you had to think about your ethnicity, race, gender identity, ability level, religion, and/or sexual orientation?
- What provoked you to think about it or acknowledge it?
- Do you have privileges you have never considered before today?