Read & Watch
Suggested timing: 30 minutes
Watch both videos back to back, either individually or shared on a single screen.
Afterwards, spend up to 10 minutes discussing initial thoughts as a group. Some prompting questions to pull from:
- Have you ever held a single story about another person or group of people?
- Has anyone had a single story about you? If so, how did that make you feel?
- How do our biases influence a conversation or a book club discussion?
- What is the difference between implicit and explicit biases?
- Are our biases malleable?